Login

Lost Password?

Register

Register
How Android Forum

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.


Thread Rating:
  • 25 Vote(s) - 2.48 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Samsung Galaxy S4 reportedly explodes and burns down a house in Hong Kong
Author Message

Chase Dyer
Banned



Posts:   13
Joined:   Apr 2013
Reputation:  
Status:   Offline
#1
Samsung Galaxy S4 reportedly explodes and burns down a house in Hong Kong - 08-01-2013, 10:17 AM,


A couple in Hong Kong suffered minor injuries after a Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone allegedly burst into flames and set a house on fire.

[Image: samsung_galaxy_s4_exploded_hong_kong]

Chinese website Xianguo.com reports that a man named Du was playing a game on his Galaxy S4 when it exploded into flames, causing him to throw his phone, which landed on his couch, after which the device exploded and eventually the fire spread to the entire house.

The report further suggests that the man was using a genuine Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone and other accessories like charger and battery. The man also claims that the fire spread to his car as well.

Samsung Hong Kong has announced that it will be looking into the matter, and a chemical analysis of the charred remains should establish if it really came from a Samsung factory, as per the report.

Recently, Apple was in news as two similar incidents surfaced that claimed one life and injured another person. Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old woman from China's western Xinjiang region was electrocuted when she answered a call while her iPhone was getting charged. However, later it was reported that the woman may have been using a 'fake' charger.

Technology experts in China had then issued a warning about 'fake' chargers that are apparently rampant in use across the country. "Knockoff chargers sometimes cut corners," Xiang Ligang, a telecommunications expert reportedly told Chinese television. "The quality of the capacitor and circuit protector may not be good, and this may lead to the capacitor breaking down and sending 220 volts of electricity directly into the cell phone battery."

In another case, a 20-year-old Australian woman was hospitalised in Sydney after she got a shock from her iPhone.


[source | via]
Quote this message in a reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HTC debuts flagship smartphone in race against Samsung AndroidNews 0 746 03-27-2014, 10:49 AM
Last Post: AndroidNews
  LG unveils larger-screen phone to take on Samsung, Apple Kinnera Pragnani 0 563 02-14-2014, 11:09 AM
Last Post: Kinnera Pragnani
  Samsung to unveil Galaxy S5 on February 24, sends out invites Emill Ramirez 0 574 02-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Emill Ramirez
  Annouced - 8500mAh battery for Samsugn Galaxy Note 3 Rehanraza77 0 572 11-30-2013, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Rehanraza77
  Samsung launches dual screen flip phone Pacheco Jesus 0 764 10-29-2013, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Pacheco Jesus
  Samsung Galaxy Gear now compatible with Galaxy S4, S3 and Note 2! jared earls 0 745 10-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Last Post: jared earls
  Samsung Mobile 'most attractive brand' in India Jayta Dutta Akhilesh 0 756 10-19-2013, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Jayta Dutta Akhilesh
  Samsung launches Galaxy Round, world's first smartphone with curved display rholf153 0 633 10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
Last Post: rholf153
  Samsung to launch smartphone with curved display in October Jolly245 0 1,273 09-26-2013, 10:33 AM
Last Post: Jolly245
  Galaxy Gear: 8 cool things you can do with a Samsung smartwatch Shaan786 0 972 09-17-2013, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Shaan786

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)