Protect your Android phone and tablet with the top-rated (4.7 stars!) free mobile security app with both antivirus and anti-theft. avast! Mobile Security keeps your device safe from viruses, malware, and spyware. It helps you locate your lost phone through our web-based phone locate feature. Remote device lock and/or memory wipe in its advanced Anti-Theft component keep your data safe. Handy tools like network meter, app manager, and even firewall (on rooted phones) give you complete control of your mobile phone. Download it today – totally free, with no catch.
Trusted by millions of people and recommended by top Android authorities:
★ AndroidAuthority: “The best just got better… nothing comes close.”
★ Android and Me: “The best anti-theft solution on the market.”
★ AndroidPolice: “Basically anything you would want should your device get lost or stolen”.
★ Droid-Life: “It doesn’t get much more extensive than this”.
★ PCAdvisor: “Your first port of call when looking for a security product”.
MOBILE SECURITY – ANTIVIRUS & ANTI-THEFT
With over 20 years of experience protecting your PC, our robust security technologies can now protect your mobile devices. avast! protects you against all type of threats – malware, viruses, and spyware (including USSD blocker), as well as accidental loss or even theft.
• Scans installed apps and memory card content on demand and new apps upon first use. Schedule automatic scans for when you’re asleep.
• Understand your apps’ access rights and intentions with advanced Privacy Report.
• Retain your privacy with SMS and call filtering. Block numbers you don’t want to be able contact you.
• Safe mobile web surfing with our Web Shield, which blocks malware-infected links and even USSD numbers with the ability to wipe your device memory. It also fixes mistyped URLs.
• SMS and file scanning for complete mobile security.
FIND MY PHONE
Lost cell phones or stolen devices are an everyday reality. Be prepared with most advanced Anti-Theft solution on the market. It enables you to find the phone, control it remotely, and much more.
• Control it remotely via web-based interface (my.avast.com) or SMS.
• Locate your phone on map.
• Lock the device until you find it, activate the siren, or wipe memory to keep your private data safe.
• Get email notification of a SIM card change.
FREE TOOLS FOR YOUR ‘DROID
avast! Mobile Security antivirus and anti-theft app includes some great free tools for your mobile device.
• Measure incoming/outgoing data transfers with Network Meter.
• Get insights about installed apps with Apps Manager.
• Add a practical Widget to your home screen.
• Enable Firewall (rooted phones only).
App-Review - avast! Mobile Security for Android
(This post was last modified: 09-30-2013 04:24 PM by Android.)
(06-03-2013 10:41 AM)marcushull3 Wrote: Very intelligent application to use. The best free anti virus for mobile and pc personal users like me. I always suggest this only for my friends because it is user friendly and faster than any other.
Avast detected a trojan in my Settings app. Is this a false positive?
Hey, all. Avast detected a trojan within my Settings application. It says, "Trojan detected - Android:SMForw-Al [Trj]." I can't, and probably don't want to, delete my settings app, which it keeps on prompting me to do.
(09-21-2013 03:01 PM)DroidNewbie Wrote: Hey, all. Avast detected a trojan within my Settings application. It says, "Trojan detected - Android:SMForw-Al [Trj]." I can't, and probably don't want to, delete my settings app, which it keeps on prompting me to do.
What should I do?
Just ignore it, it better for you, to simply follow good security practices:
Carefully check app permissions before installing
Be careful about granting root privileges
Keep your phone up to date (preferably running the latest android version)
Don't install apps from outside the play store (or at least be careful)
I’ve installed it on my Galaxy S4 last month and it working well but now a days it’s scanning is too slow. No doubt it’s very good antivirus app according to my experience, it find and remove the malware easily. I have had a full scan my galaxy s4 and it’s take time to scanning around 65 minutes and still the bar showing that only 6% of the scan .
I am unable to understand why is scanning too slowly??